Friday, December 23

A good kind of "giving up".

photograph by Peter hoffman

Colossians 1:19 "For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,"

The past month I've been meditating about "fullness of life" from God & what it means to me. 
perhaps in seeking "fullness of life" i was striving in my own strength to attain my dreams.
perhaps i've been trying to fit an unfathomably big God into my plans. (what is success anyway...?)
& perhaps in the craziness of it all, i've placed my dreams before God & made it into an idol of my life.

Colossians 1:18 "And He is the head of the body, the church; 
He is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, 
so that in everything He might have the supremacy."

supremacy...?
total abandonment to God?
dying to self...
..
..
.....
.
.
.. ?
I think fullness comes only when God has supremacy in my life;
that maybe, just maybe, (as cheesy as this acronym may sound)
"LIFE" just means placing "Lord" before "I", & "Faith" before "Emotion". 

& i think it's time to give up.
A good kind of giving up.
of "my dreams" to God.
& then swaddle in His presence.


:')

1 comment: